Emergency Fire Department Around The Clock
SCTAC features a dedicated, full-service professional fire department that provides an array of emergency and non-emergency services to the tenants of SCTAC. This department was established in 1982 for direct support of SCTAC and all facilities within the boundaries of the center, ensuring essential day-to-day prevention services and emergency fire and rescue services for aviation as well as structural emergencies.
This agency consists of two stations manned 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The staff consists of the Fire Chief, twenty firefighters and an administrative assistant. This professional staff is extensively trained to handle a wide variety of emergencies.
The compliment of vehicular equipment includes a 2012 E-One 1500gpm pumper, a 2001 E-One 1500gpm pumper, a 1993 E-One 1500gpm pumper, a 1994 E-One Titan 3000 6x6 ARFF vehicle, a 2006 Ford F-550 Officer's Quick Response Command vehicle, a 2008 Ford F-150 utility P/U truck and a 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Chief's vehicle. Also included is a wide assortment of specialized equipment to handle whatever emergency you may be faced with.
- Structural and Aviation Emergencies
- Hazardous Material Response and mitigation
- Medical First Response for Greenville County Emergency Medical Services
- High Angle Rescue
- Confined Space Rescue
- Aircraft emergency response meets or exceeds the requirements of the National Aerospace Standard as well as the Federal Aviation Administration Standard.
- Maintains a broad reaching alert system that warns SCTAC tenants and the immediate surrounding area of emergencies such as severe weather or hazardous materials emergencies that may have an impact on the tenants of SCTAC.
- Fire and Life Safety Code Inspections conducted by S.C. Certified Fire Inspectors
- Facility standpipe hose testing
- Respirator fit testing
- Industrial Fire, Safety, First Aid/CPR and Hazardous Materials Response training tailored to your needs. All training is overseen by certified instructors.
- A large training room is available for use by the companies within SCTAC for training or meeting purposes. This facility is equipped with computer and audio/visual equipment for such things as video and PowerPoint presentations. There is no fee for the use of this room. It is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Donaldson Center Fire Department Center
Chief J. R. Boyce
Donaldson Center Fire Department
2291 Perimeter Road
Greenville, SC 29605
Phone: (864) 277-1429
Fax: (864) 277-0110
For additional information about the fire department or for general airport information, please contact SC Technology & Aviation Center.